Saturday 1 June 2013

JUST DO IT!!! datz all!!

Hey people, F.i.t.T.r.i.x here again and TODAY I'm here to tell you all about what is undoubtedly the absolute WORST food of all time. Is it Chocolate? Maybe French fries? Biscuits and gravy? Soft drinks stuffed with high fructose corn syrup and sweeteners? Lard? Cheese-stuffed crust on a meat lovers pizza? Ghana high oily pepper rice? Ice-cream?
Hmm... although all of these foods are at the top of my "bad" list, they aren't the WORST.


                                                                  
                                                          

                                                                                        



Before I tell you guys, biko I need to rant small!

The last few days have been the most annoying, frustrating, mentally tiring and physically tasking days of my life in a VERY VERY long time! I am not going to come and claim I am a saint and don't make mistakes. I made one on Wednesday and it apparently was "THE BIG MISTAKE"

Ok, I had to quickly get to the shopping mall and on getting to the ground floor car park, it was full....and I have this phobia for climbing the drive way heading to the next level. I know...laugh at me!! I had almost fallen off it sometime ago so I now jejely went back outside to park (which I had never done before, because frankly its waaay more convenient wheeling your trolley into the car park) It seemed ok I guess maybe because there were a lot of cars there too and someone directing as well. And I also felt like in other civilized countries, such "rules" are relaxed on public holidays and ours was even democracy day!! etc. Well fast forward to about 2 hours later I came out to see like 20 lasthma officials and another 20 mopos, 4 towing trucks and like 3 jeeps!!! Hian!!! My first thought was to be the lady in distress and wail and tell them a cock and bull story...but I thought otherwise...WWJD(what will Jesus do).

So I just told their commanding officer what really happened and he couldn't care less...so I just said no need to tow my car...I will drive it to your office. One lasthma official shouted "ha oga, no allow this woman drive oo" Well I'm guessing because I looked all sporty in my Adidas gear so he felt I could take off! I was allowed to drive but with an excuse of an official in my passenger seat. The dude fidgeted through out. I'm not sure why...maybe he wanted me to offer him "something" or was worried I would drive off with him in my car and take him to an unknown place and throw him out! huahuahuahuahuahua (though that doesn't sound like a bad idea now considering what I have been through the last few days!

We got there and I had to clear out my stuff from the car, as they said they can't do anything till the commanding officer comes back from the field. So amidst fury and tears I flagged down a keke napep, as no taxi in sight, and went home. Thursday saw a 50,000 naira ticket aside demurrages and another 5,000 for query. Driving tests, eye tests , tax clearance etc. The car would have come out yesterday but the last signing official was no where to be found. So I'm carless the whole weekend (now wishing I probably shouldn't have sold my other car)....all my plans dashed!! 

Me I am just waiting patiently to get there on Monday and I will hear one story of something happening to the car or its stolen( which happened to someone I know not too long ago).....errrrm I don't think I will remember WWJD. It is just a wonderful opportunity to trade in my Honda for a shiny black tear rubber Evoque, with pink leather interiors and F.i.t.T.r.i.x as the plate number!!! Datz all!!




So back to The Worst Food Ever is ... ..........*drum roll please* ... ANY FOOD YOU JUST CANT STOP EATING OR DRINKING!!!!!.(That's so important so take a moment to read that sentence again.) I'm talking about your personal "trigger foods." You know, that one food that you'll eat until you make yourself sick.

For me it's Irish cream and ice cream - Blue Bunny cookies and cream. There was a time you would always find it in my house, the family bucket size! If its around me I WILL buckle!!....For others it's chocolate or something crunchy and salty like chips or just your regular coke!




                      


If it's in my house ... I'll come up with dozens of excuses on why it's okay to take it. "I'll workout extra hard tomorrow." Or, "I ate really healthy today so it's okay to cheat." Or, "I don't care ... give me that darn ice cream scooper!" =)


The key to getting (and keeping a flat belly) is recognizing these trigger foods and keeping them OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.


Really people..... This tip alone can save you thousands of calories and fat every week. And you can now see them as treats and learn to take them asuch.


So today's take home message is this: Make a list of your top three trigger foods and "send them packing'."...to the left to the left....


Deal? I hope so.


Like the popular NIKE ad......JUST DO IT!!!!




At F.i.t.T.r.i.x...... where wellness meets fabulosity....we help you take control of your life and start again.

                            S.P.A........Support Plan Accountability
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

23 comments:

  1. Wow! Well written blog (I must confess its the first one I've read, despite getting the links every weekend).
    Sorry about ur car.... Amen to the Evogue.... I so feel u on d Fitrix plates #smile#.
    About the trigger foods, u are so darn right! Am sending them packing as we speak..... No need to mention dem, am too shy..... But Malteasers is 1 of dem, maybe that shouldn't go just yet.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaaaa....@ being the 1st one. Its not too late to become an addict o...you can busy yourself with the other write ups. Double Amen to the Evoque :D....babe free the malteasers biko...i love them too but its better it isn't within easy reach....

      Delete
  2. Great write up ebun,so sorry about your ordeal with lastma officials...hope Nigeria will soon get to the point where there won't be need for all that drama,u just get ur bill posted out to your door step...lol. Hmmmm,I definitely need to send out my tigger food o! I've been indulging in lots of mocktails,slush n ice cream...I guess I'll blame it on d summer weather (hahahahahahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ hun...Amen to a no drama bill ooo!!!...abi ooo...abt the weather...but there are honestly healthier and refreshing substitutes...Cos if you continue, you'll be amazed @ how fast the weight will creep up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another well written blog! Well done, Ebun.
    Sorry about ur car..... Amen to the dream of Evogue, with F.I.T.R.I.X plates..... That would be so cool!
    And yes, u are so right about the trigger foods.... I can readily think of 1 (may have to rack my brain to find 2more).... And its Malteasers! I should send it packing... But no, not yet, next week...... Oh darn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ hun!!!.... need that Evoque biko..:D.....you people and this malteasers sef. I no blame una...its an awesome choc....i like it too...so don't put it within reach...else!!!

      Delete
  5. Nice one Seeb. Always looking forward to ur weekend write-ups. Me, my triggers are as u well know, coke and cake. Booting coke out as the last crate just got finished. Will keep cake for birthdays only and hopefully just a lil' piece. Sorry about ur car. Should we pray u get it back in tip top condition or as d yorubas say 'ile oba to jo...'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ juisco...yesso  know about coke and cake. Hahhahahaha @ last crate. Please try and make that boot sharp sharp. Even that cake matter u no specify oo...is it ur birthday or your boos or extended family and friends? Cos if your not careful you'll be having a piece everyother day...

      Delete
  6. Hi Ebun:
    Pele o... Learning point from your LASTMA experience: the rules don't have off days :-|. Hope you get your car back tomorrow and in top condition.
    My trigger... Don't think I have any, but I do love my garri and epa sha o, which I have for lunch most hot days, with a couple of ice blocks :-); does that count as a trigger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi ooo!!! Errrrm i hope i get my car back + Evoque :D. My dear garri and epa ....hmmmm. Lemme just say this..about 30 pieces of nuts is 165kcals...the average most of us take with gerium sulphide is like x 3-4 of that! Do the math :D. Portion is key

      Delete
  7. My trigger is Bounty ice cream and black forest cake. i'm Lepa so i actually think i can get away with it for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! I was 1 Lepa o n that's what I used to say. Now I feel like turning back the hands of time, but no such luck!

      Delete
  8. Hahahaahhhaa...to be honest na una lepa i pity more!! Remember the orobos now were once lepas...If you are not used to eating rite now..it will be a struggle if the need arises. Besides, weight loss is only one of the benefits of WELLNESS. Infact hun....you have inspired my next write up!!...⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece, as always! *double thumbs up* its rather unfortunate about your ride, I do hope u get it back real soon. *big hug* my "can't-stop-eating" food, well its not food persay, is COCA-COLA!!!! N well chocolate chip cookies.....Lord help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ hun.....to help urself babe...don't buy them into the house as part of weekly or monthly shopping...

      Delete
  10. Hawtstuff (jesusbaby)1 June 2013 at 08:42

    Sorry abt ur car. Buh Evoque isnt a Bad idea(wink).. Thanks for opening our eyez daily. Tot i had the biggest eye balls. Hmmmm! Where do i start frm? Flushing killer food (as i titled), trying hard as i can.. Ice cream Must go, coke is a NOT, omg! Fries( crying loud sef). Madam fittricx , notnn is left. (biting ma lips hard). E go better, i know u wish us well. What more can i say, Ebun u're a bomb abi d bomb sef? Following ur advice daily oo. It is working for me. Yelz! It is working.ekuse! More customers to u. Am a fan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha hawty!! I tell u o! Babe you can do it:).....Thanx a lot for your words of encouragement....I dey blush. And AMEN!

      Delete
  11. Hey Dee, I can imagine ur distress that day. Am sure your car will be out by monday. One of those things I guess . Driving In Lagos not easy at all but then one can't do without driving .in all I say Pele to u dear be more careful next time.Surulere Shop rite iis always busy on pub hols n weekends. Cheer.pg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister, the stress no get part 2!! Thanx dear

      Delete
  12. Ihave just taken the time to read through all your write ups and i must confess you are one talented writer. You make trying to loose weight look easy and fun.....Keep it up!! Have you considered going on a talk show like Moments with Mo for now? Or even start to write for popular magazines and editorials?You are definitly going places and VERY far....i hope when you start getting multi million contracts and the big doe (for your evoque) starts to roll in , you'll still keep this blog active!! Great work on looking great, writing great and inspiring women everywhere!!!!!OJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks!!! My head wan burst ooo! ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ a lot....Everything will happen in His time....i appreciate your kind words

      Delete
  13. You ROCK!! Datz all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeheehee....⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣x✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣

      Delete