Saturday 24 August 2013

The Journey of No "U" turn!


And we walked and walked and walked anticipating the end of the "journey"....looking for that bright light at the end of the tunnel. For where!! I actually was having a blast though, as it was the perfect workout for me....semi brisk stroll, surrounded by trees and swamps....some monkeys here and there and other crawlies!. The air was clean and the atmosphere was serene....I only felt sorry for the kids, mine inclusive, as it was indeed a loooong walk. The tour guides were asked a million times if it was possible to just turn back...but we kept getting the same response;"I'm sorry ma (referring to my mum) we need to go round and get to the exit, there's is no turning back". hian!! Na so we henter one chance o. So we basked in taking intermittent short breaks, catching our breaths and enjoying the walk. We were at the Lekki Conservation Center.....you should try to visit there soon.




This dude is 89 years old!!
 
The monkeys were super peaceful and cute!
 

It set me thinking though, that that's actually the mind set we should have when we are trying to loose weight....the proper way that is. See it as a journey with a destination in sight...NO U TURNS, NO SHORTCUTS. But hey who says we can't take short breaks to catch our breaths and start again with equal or even more motivation? The only CLAUSE is whilst taking the breaks you don't do things that jeopardize it all! It will be a shame to have to start all over again; over and over again!
 
Time and time again I have met people who have thrown in the towel or made that awful U TURN, seem send less in the beginning about it but then reality starts to set in......and they begin to feel crappy, bloated and unfulfilled.....then they start that important journey ALL over again from the scratch or even farther back......an unending cycle!!!! e no dey tayaar una ni? Rather than keep chasing your tails.....stick to the journey and take short breaks from time to time instead. Life happens that could distract you a bit. An exam...A sick loved one...Heartbreak.....Its part of life huns...Deal with them and clean that sweat on your brow and keep trotting along.


I tell people its not really about how long but more of how well. So if its gonna take you 4 months or 9 months or 12 months....stick to it and be victorious. Because really what is that compared to the rest of your life. At the same time its important not to intentionally drag your journey so it doesn't make you feel discouraged especially when you feel you are not getting the results you desire. Create that balance and keep the flag flying.
 
During mine......it initially felt like a herculean task because of my INITIAL mind set, which was seeing it as "punishment". But instead I started seeing it as a new approach to living that will give me the kind of life I desire internally and externally. I kept seeing how I wanted to look and feel in my head...constantly...and whenever I fell off the band wagon, those visions made me jump right back on sharp sharp!



 





SAME POOL .......BIG DIFFERENCE




 
 Aggggrgh! Guys I need to run...just got in from tennis and my 22 month old doesn't seem too well. She has a slight temperature but what is worrisome is the vomiting.....she's done that thrice already!!! Lagoon Hospitals beckons...Kai!! the life of a mum!! But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
XOXO
 


                                                                 
 

S.P.A...........Support Plan Accountability
 
Please like us on facebook : www.facebook.com/fittrixpassion
Follow us on twitter: @fittrixpassion
bb pin:331C0EED




 
 

11 comments:

  1. I need to keep chanting NO U TURN NO U TURN! And stay totally focused. Weldone Ebun....you are such as interesting read....I look forward to my Saturdays a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teeheehee.......yes o! keep chanting it.....Thanks a lot

      Delete
  2. hmmmmmm! word! Great write up! You need to put a book together o.....IJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! You look awesome dear.......wow! that's a lot of weight off o! I sure need to tap into this your drive and determination oo. How is your baby now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tap into it..... She's a lot better now... Thanks a lot for the concern

      Delete
  4. Pele o, ku'toju... how's the little one? Much better I hope. Thanks again for the unique perspective - it ain't over until the no-longer-fat lady sings :-D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very unique o....never heard it said like this b4!! Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you heard it first here.....:D

      Delete
  6. This is soooo inspiring!!!! weldone! and thank you

    ReplyDelete